Was this article helpful? 1
Any contamination of the environment that disturbs the natural composition in air is called as air pollution. Some of the major source of air pollutions is as follows:
- Carbon Monoxide released from vehicles is one of the major pollutants.
- Sulfur dioxide, which is released from coal, petroleum and other factory combustibles, also constitutes to pollute the air.
- Also Nitrogen Oxides produced from natural and manmade processes.
- Forest fires, volcanic eruptions, dry soil erosion, and other natural sources.
- The smoke released from burning fuel, from factories and the manufacturing industries are the major sources of air pollution.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in different household chemicals such as paints, waxes, and varnishes are also the major factor in air pollution.
- Use of insecticides, pesticides and fertilizers in agricultural also plays a major role in air and water pollutions.
Due to the air pollution, we have been affected in many ways such as Smog increases, higher rain acidity, crop depletion from inadequate oxygen, and higher rates of asthma. Also global warming is related to increased air pollution.