Was this article helpful? 0
Reduce in 3R's and Guidelines
The first and the most effective R in 3R's is Reducing. Reducing the amount of waste we produce is the best way to protect our environment. Most predominantly, reduce the consumption of natural resources like water, fuel, etc. Try to reduce or avoid using plastic bags, which will take up to 500 years to decompose. Approximately, most of the families throw 35 to 40 kg of plastic bags per year.
Did you know? Making one ton of paper takes 24 trees.
- Turn your computer off at night instead of leaving it in sleep mode.
- Try to avoid/reduce using plastic bags.
- World is moving on digitalization. So please try to avoid paper communication.
- Print both sides of the paper whenever possible.
- Use two sides of the paper to write.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins.
- Try to reuse gift bags.
- Use reusable shopping bags.
- Turn-off lights while leaving room.
- Play outdoor games instead of video games which are good for your health.
- Pay bills online whenever possible.
- Stop receiving bank statement in papers; instead get statements in your mail.
- Use Cruise Control to reduce the fuel consumption.
- Take a shorter shower; every two minutes you are consuming more than ten gallons of water.
Reducing consumption of fuel by:
- Public Transportation
- Car Pooling
- Use bicycle or go by walk which is also good for health.
- At least do two to three car trips less in a week.