Hemorrhoids - Home Remedies
Avoiding spicy food is most important for preventing anal itching. The other home remedies include:
- Sit in the bathtub with enough warm water to cover the anal area for fifteen minutes several times a day. Also applying heat will help in curing.
- Blot the anus gently with white toilet paper moistened with water or a cleansing agent after bowel movements. Baby wipes or other towels (such as Tucks) are useful for this purpose.
- Fiber is most important for softening the stools which helps in reducing strain during bowel movement. Start by eating foods high in fiber such as beans, fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Increasing fiber gradually to avoid bloating and gas formation.
- Radish juice, figs, banana, bitter guard and cumin seeds help in the reducing itching and further infection.
- The use of ointments and creams may protect the skin in the area which helps in reducing itching, and prevent further injury.
- Vitamin E oil and coconut oil is also recommended.A small ice pack placed against the affected tissue for several minutes may help to reduce pain and swelling.8. To help in smooth bowel movement exercise for 20-30 minutes is a must.
- In order to reduce swelling and pain try sitting on a cushion rather than a hard surface.
- Triphala is used in Ayurvedic medicine as a bowel "tonic" to gently relieve constipation.