Heart attack - Symptoms
A heart attack is the emergency situation that requires immediate attention. In that case, it is better to know about the symptoms.
- Chest discomfort or pain: Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center or left side of the chest. The discomfort usually lasts for more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back. During discomfort, it feels like a tight ache, pressure, fullness or squeezing in your chest.
- Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn, or Stomach Pain: It may cause a sick feeling in your stomach. The stomach upset is common for many diseases but it also happens during heart attack.
- Dizziness or fainting: You feel unsteady and also have chest discomfort or shortness of breath.
- Spreading of pain to the Arm: Mostly arm pain leads to heart attack.
- Irregular Heart Beat: It is normal for heart beat to rise if you are excited or after running or skipping. If it happens for more than a few seconds then you need to consult with the doctor.
- Other Common Symptoms:
- Unexplained shortness of breath
- Anxiety or weakness
- Legs, Feet, and Ankles are Swollen
- Throat or Jaw Pain
- Skin rash