Food Poison - Treatment
- It is important to remain hydrated. Fruit juice and coconut water can restore carbohydrates and help with fatigue.
- Try to avoid alcohol, caffeine, fizzy drinks and spicy and fatty foods
- Decaffeinated teas with soothing herbs like chamomile, peppermint, and dandelion may calm an upset stomach.
- Antibiotics usually aren't used to treat food poisoning. Medicines that stop diarrhea can be helpful, but they should not be given to infants or young children.
- Also it is important to get plenty of rest.
In cases of worst food poisoning, a longer hospitalization required to recover.