Aids - When to call a doctor

Call your doctor immediately if you have been exposed to body fluids from an infected person. If so, then your doctor may suggest you to take up antiretrovirals that will significantly reduce the effect of getting HIV/AIDS.

Also call doctor immediately if any of the following conditions develop drastically:

  • Loss of consciousness
  • Weakness in an arm, a leg, or one side of the body
  • Inability to stand or walk
  • Seizures
  • Inability to move a body part (paralysis)
  • Fever for more than 2 days
  • Vomiting or diarrhea
  • Headache, or pain in the stomach or limbs
  • Ear ache
  • Problems swallowing fluids
  • Problems breathing
  • Stiff neck
  • Rashes

Most Viewed Articles